Customized Workforce Training
Shippensburg University’s Office of Workforce Development (OWD) provides customized, professional workforce development programs that are designed to meet the needs of the organization and its employees.
Our faculty are highly experienced subject matter experts who design training programs based upon your organizational and professional development needs.
Shippensburg University is also proud to work with the Workforce and Economic Development Network of Pennsylvania (WEDnetPA), which brings training funds to qualified companies across the Commonwealth to help improve the skills and productivity of their workers.
Fill out our Employer Interest Form to let us know how we can help your organization meet its employee training needs.
Areas of Expertise
Below are some of the areas in which we’ve partnered with other organizations, but are not limited to:
- Microsoft Office
- Project Management
- Data Analytics
- Research Methods
- Learning a Foreign Language
- Generations in the Workplace
- Working Across Cultures
- Change Management
- First Aid, CPR, AED
- Teamwork and Team Building
- Time Management
- Goal Setting & Getting Things Done
- Critical Thinking & Problem Solving
- Conflict Resolution
- Technical Writing
- Diversity in the Workplace
- Online Teaching and Learning
Collaborate & Design Training
We provide support and services to help you succeed by:
- Conducting needs for assessment to consult, identify issues or areas for growth in performance and skills.
- Determine what type of training or solution is best to accomplish organizational, employee, and business goals.
- Develop short-term, long-term, or industry-specific training in collaboration with our industry-experienced faculty and instructors.
- Internal marketing and communication services to help build awareness of training amongst employees.
- Determine optimal training delivery and location, whether on-site, online, on-campus, or at full-service conference center.
We create our programs to meet your training needs. We can offer multi-level training, certificates of completion, lunch and learn series, one-day or multi-week trainings, Continuing Education Units (CEUs), and more.